The CEO of Zappos shows how a different kind of corporate culture can make a huge difference in achieving remarkable results — by actually creating a company culture that values happiness –and then delivers on it. Some of what Zappos does includes:
· Paying brand-new employees $2,000 to quit
· Making customer service the responsibility of the entire company
· Focusing on company culture as the #1 priority
· Apply research from the science of happiness to running a business
· Help employees grow-both personally and professionally
· Seek to change the world
· Oh, and make money too . . .
Sound crazy? It’s all standard operating procedure at Zappos, the online retailer that’s doing over $1 billion in gross merchandise sales annually. Delivering Happiness shows how a very different kind of corporate culture is a powerful model for achieving success.